Thankfully, I was able to see half of this keynote before I had to go to the airport. Powerful stuff. I had seen him throughout the conference with the Google Glass — very fun to see his video of his experience — and a video of his experience delivering the keynote!
The messages from the keynote were obviously powerful for his fellow educators — the tweets and blog posts following the keynote are amazing.
For me, the important pieces were:
- The Scantron video (Adam with a “new” machine to read Scantron tests — a shredder!!!) This starts at about 39:40. He has a strong anti-testing theme.
- His admission that he new little about Minecraft until this conference.
- Message of change
- Power of visual communication. Bellow is a master at slides, and it makes a difference.
- “Technology can’t be the icing. It’s in the dough.”
- 20% time — he thinks this is low. Kids should be passionate all throughout school.
If the video starts at the beginning, go to 23:00 to start with Adam. The rest isn’t essential.